- September 14, 2017 - September 17, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Robin Duboe Seigle, J.D ·. Shawn Skillin, J.D., Esq. · Shawn Weber, J.D., CLS-F
An opportunity to learn the mediation process and skills to conduct a divorce mediation from start to finish.
The course is fun and interactive. Participants will receive hands-on, practical training in a variety of topics including:
- Conflict Theory
- The 5 phases of divorce mediation
- Effective listening
- Managing power imbalances
- Unconscious Bias
- Techniques for breaking impasse, including separate meetings
- Ethical dilemmas in mediation
- Dealing with difficult and emotional clients
Date: Thursday, September 14 to Sunday, September 17, 2017, 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. each day
For the complete course agenda, visit our website: http://familyresolutioninstitute.com/training/
Location: San Diego Area – Location to be announced
Cost: Early Bird – Prior to 7/14: $1300
Pre-Registration – 7/15 to 8/21: $1400
Standard Registration – 8/22 to 9/4: $1500
Late Registration – 9/5 to 9/12: $1600
Refund policy: No refunds after 9/5/17. Cancellations prior to 9/5/17 shall receive a refund of the payment less a $100 administrative fee.
Continuing Education Credits
- This activity is approved for 30 hours California MCLE credit including 1 hour Ethics and 1 hour Elimination of Bias.
- This course meets the qualifications for 30 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. (Family Resolution Institute, LLC, Approval No. 130208)
Course certificates are given upon completion of the whole training. Any time missed must be made up prior to receiving a certificate.
Satisfies Mediation Training Requirement under IACP Minimum Standards for Collaborative Practitioners.